Join Us at Frontier Village Veterinary Clinic!
Thank you for considering Frontier Village Veterinary Clinic as the guardians of your pet’s health! Here you’ll experience customer service that is both first class and friendly. We offer you a complete range of veterinary medicine and services and all the benefits of expert veterinarians and staff.
You can trust us to safeguard your pet’s health and happiness just as passionately as we would for our own animals. As a new client, your first pre-appointment check-in process requires slightly more time than it does for our returning clients. In order to keep our appointments on time, we recommend that new clients arrive 15 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment to complete a new client form. To make your first check-in swift and easy, please submit any previous medical records to our office prior to the appointment or bring them with you. If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, please allow 24 hours advanced notice.
To ensure the safety and comfort of all our patients and clients, all cats and dogs must either be on a leash or in a carrier. If your pet has significant issues with fear or aggression, please let our staff know when you schedule your appointment so we can accommodate their needs. Even though we make every effort to make our patients feel comfortable during visits, they may be a little uneasy about new people, new surroundings, and other pets. This is the reason we ask you to keep your pets restrained.
What to Expect
- You will be welcomed by one of our friendly receptionists, and new clients will be asked to complete a new client form.
- Once you are checked in, a doctor’s assistant will accompany you to a room
- After weighing your pet, we will record your pet’s medical history, as well as discuss your pet’s lifestyle and any current symptoms or concerns you may have.
- Next, your veterinarian will perform a thorough physical examination of your pet, including eyes, ears, teeth, heart, lungs, abdomen, body condition, and hair coat
- Our veterinarians are calm, compassionate, and willing to answer any questions you may have. We will make recommendations based on your pet’s individual needs. The doctor may recommend testing, procedures, and/ or medications that will improve your pet’s quality of life.
- Our focus is on preventive medicine, parasite control, keeping your pet free from pain, and managing medical conditions.
- We provide patient care plans that outline medical recommendations and their associated costs for all extensive services upon request. We encourage you to ask questions and communicate any concerns you have.
- At the conclusion of the exam, we will accompany you to the reception area for check out, where you will receive a detailed receipt of services and products provided during the visit.
We are happy to accommodate our clients with a variety of payment options. We accept cash, debit, major credit cards, and payment plans with CareCredit. CareCredit is similar to a credit card but is limited to the payment of health care services, including veterinary expenses. CareCredit allows you to say “yes” to the treatment your pet needs. Whether it is an everyday checkup or an emergency surgery, it allows you to pay over time with low monthly payments that you can fit in to your budget. Learn more by visiting CareCredit.
Paying for excellent pet health care can be a challenge. Health insurance for your pet can be a useful tool. There are many different options for pet insurance coverage. We recommend that you take the time to evaluate your needs and choose the company that best fits based on premium costs, what is covered, life-time limits, exclusions, and reimbursement. Visit the Pet Insurance Review to compare and contrast the rates of multiple companies.
Frontier Village Veterinary Clinic cannot recommend specific companies. We have a helpful guide from the Washington State Veterinary Medical Association that can assist you in researching and evaluating pet insurance. With most pet insurance companies, you will submit your invoice to the insurance company, and they will reimburse you for the amount you have paid.